It doesn’t always seem fair. Some mothers bounce back with their bodies intact and a beautiful baby or two the only proof that they put their bodies through the trauma of childbirth. For many, it’s not that easy. A once-flat tummy and perky breasts have started to sag. No female will regret having her children because of this, but she may well wish she could do something about it.
Mommy Makeovers are for women who find even regular exercise and a sensible diet aren’t enough to bring back their pre-pregnancy trim shape.
On this website we’ve brought together the top board-certified doctors in Atlanta and Georgia to help you. Any of them will be able to offer even the most advanced solutions. Reviews of their procedures and services prove that. Consult one or more of those in your city about your problems. Let them explain the alternatives and give you an inkling of how a makeover could change your image with before and after photographs.
The best specialists in cosmetic and reconstructive surgery in Georgia are featured, servicing clients from areas such as Atlanta, GA, Roswell, Alpharetta, Buckhead and Albany.
Atlanta Mommy Makeover Surgery
Mommy make-overs are specially designed packages of procedures aimed at helping mommies regain some of what their bodies were like before motherhood. The packages differ but all focus on the two areas which take the biggest knock during pregnancy, childbirth and early motherhood: the tummy and the breasts. Almost all surgical makeovers therefore include a tummy tuck procedure and a breast lift.
Some surgeons will build in a liposuction procedure too, and other optional extras like arm lifts are on the suggestion list. It might be possible for your doctor to customize a package especially for you, with your particular needs in mind.
It all depends on how many not so pleasant souvenirs you carry on your body of the time or times you brought new life into the world. Every woman is unique, and so are her pregnancies. It stands to reason that the effects of those pregnancies and childbirth, will differ from one mommy to another.
Makeover packages can include the following procedures:
- Breast lift: A breast lift, or mastopexy, raises and firms the breast by taking away excess skin and tightening the tissue surrounding the breast for better support. The procedure is a great choice for mommies whose breasts have started to droop after breastfeeding.
- Tummy Tuck: A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, tightens and flattens tummies that have been dramatically enlarged by pregnancy and the skin is not elastic enough to return to its previous condition. Instead you are left with loose and flabby skin.
- Liposuction: This procedure breaks down areas of stubborn fat that refuse to disappear in spite of diets and exercising, and removes it using suction. It can be necessary to ensure a good outcome for the tummy tuck if there is a fairly large amount of fat involved, not just loose skin.
- Arm Lift: If you gained a lot of weight during pregnancy and then lost a lot of it, the skin under your arms could start sagging. This procedure reshapes your arms.
- Breast augmentation: Full breast enhancement or augmentation uses saline or silicone gel filled implants to improve the size, shape and position of the breasts. However, transferred fat removed from other areas during liposuction can also be used for smaller enhancements.
Non-surgical Mommy Makeovers usually focus on facial treatments rather than taking on areas of the body with have been structurally changed by the stretching of muscles, connective tissue and skin often caused by pregnancy. Treatments like freezing can help if you only have a limited amount of fat and no loose skin on your tummy, but will not work on your breasts, the other area most commonly affected by pregnancy.
When’s the right time for a Mommy Makeover?
If you’ve just had your firstborn and you’re feeling a bit blue because your body isn’t quite what it was, now is not that time – yet. It’s time to start looking at the possibilities such a makeover can hold for you only once you have had your lastborn.
Mommy Makeovers are solutions for women who have finished having children. Our doctors are clear about that. For one thing, future pregnancies, births and breastfeeding would may well undo the benefits gained by the makeover procedure in restoring your body. No doctor will guarantee their work will outlast another pregnancy, let alone more. Exposing yourself to the risks and side-effects any surgery for temporary aesthetic gain could prove unnecessarily risky, as well as a waste of your time and money.
After you’ve had your last baby, it’s best to wait till you’ve finished breastfeeding to give your body time to heal after the birth, and so your breasts can return to their real size and position.
The price of a Mommy Make-over
What procedures are included in your packaged or customized makeover will determine the price. Perhaps an optional extra can be dropped make your procedure more affordable and bring the cost more in line with your budget. Your doctor would be the best person to tell you about pricing, financing and if there are any specials.