When you have turned your mirrors to face the wall, adopted baggy clothing and thrown away your swimsuit because your sagging belly and its loose skin have made you want to hide your body, you know you have a problem. However, whether you are male or female, you have plenty of company. There are many people out there dealing with just the same image issues.
One of the best solutions to the problem could lie in one of the many forms of tummy tuck that are available. One of these procedures could be just right for you, and help to restore your body shape and confidence.
We can help you to learn more about these aesthetic solutions by putting you in touch with our specially-selected board-certified plastic surgeons in Salt Lake City, UT and letting you read the reviews. These top specialists are qualified to perform cosmetic and reconstructive surgeries in Utah and a consultation with them will give you all the information you need, whether you are in Salt Lake City, Sandy Orem, West Valley City, West Jordan or Provo.
Top 4 Practices
24 S 1100 E
Ste 102 Salt Lake City, UT 84102
Dr. Barr has years of experience in surgical correction of both the inside and outside of the nose. Dr. Barr always tailors the procedure to the individual creating a natural rhinoplasty result, one that is aesthetically balanced to the face.
Scalp And Foot Massage
Eyebrow Makeover (Wax And/or Tweeze)
Mineral Makeup Application
Grant A Fairbanks MD
520 Medical Dr
Ste 210 Bountiful, UT 84010
Dr. Fairbanks has had broad training in Plastic Surgery. He is highly trained in cosmetic surgical procedures, including facial rejuvenation, nasal surgery, eyelid surgery, and lip enlargement. He is also highly trained in abdominoplasty, body contouring after bariatric surgery, liposuction, breast augmentation, and breast reduction. His special interest in congenital deformities include surgery of the ear (microtia), prominent ear, cleft lip and palate, as well as cranial vault deformities (craniosynostosis).
Constantine Cosmetic Surgery
5929 Fashion Blvd
MURRAY, UT 84107
Dr. Steven Constantine offers all aspects of cosmetic plastic surgical procedures including breast augmentation, breast lifts, labiaplasty, tummy tucks, liposculpturing, eyelid procedures, facelifts, rhinoplasty and more.
Saltz Plastic Surgery
5445 Highland Dr
Salt Lake City, UT 84117
They do everything from pre-surgery consultations to the most technologically advanced surgeries and non-surgical procedures to elaborate and restorative post-operative care and treatment for the face and body.
Utah Tummy Tuck Surgery
Tummy tucks (abdominoplasty) aim at tightening and flattening the abdomen so that you look sleeker and firmer. Not all procedures are the same. They progress in complexity and the amount of surgical invasion according to how much work is needed to achieve that goal. As more body areas are included the more advanced the surgery becomes, it takes longer and has a longer recovery time.
Surgery has some risks and possible side-effects. Your doctor will talk to you about these as well as giving you an idea of what each procedure could do for you by showing you before and after pictures.
- The Mini or Partial Tummy Tuck is the baby of the stable. It is the simplest and shortest of the surgeries, leaves the least scars and its recovery time is the shortest. The belly button is left untouched and only the area below it is targeted. The offending loose skin is removed using a small incision and the remaining skin is reattached. This procedure is perfect if you only battle with loose skin and your problem is restricted to the lower abdomen. It your muscles have also stretched you will need a bigger procedure like the full tummy tuck to tighten them.
- The Complete Abdominoplasty or Tummy Tuck is more complex and more invasive as it deals not only with loose skin but with weakened and stretched muscles. It involves two incisions and the area treated is also bigger. To make this possible, the belly button is taken out and later replaced after the loose skin has been removed and the muscles stitched together.
- A Liposuction Tummy Tuck combo lets liposuction remove any big amounts of body fat by suction. This is the best option if you don’t just battle with loose skin but also have a large amount of body fat that just won’t budge despite your valiant attempts in terms of diet and exercise. When it is included, liposuction is done first to remove the excess fat from the back and abdomen. A full or partial tummy tuck will then follow.
- Circumferential abdominoplasty is also called a belt lipectomy or body lift. It’s the biggest and most complex of the procedures. Instead of focussing on the abdomen alone, circumferential abdominoplasty also included the waistline, back, thighs, buttocks and hips. Muscles are repositioned or tightened and excess skin is removed.
- Non-surgical treatments are available which use light or radio frequencies to tighten skin, or freeze localized fat to reduce it. While these don’t have the same dramatic and quick effect as surgery, they have been known to improve the situation. It is also quite possible to try them first. You can still choose surgery later if you are not happy with the results.
What causes skin to sag?
Excess tummy skin is not only a problem for women. It can be just as big an issue for men, even though they cannot blame it on pregnancy. Childbirth is, of course not the only reason why muscles stretch and skin sags. Genetics have a part in it, as do rapid weight changes and aging. Any of these can cause the skin to lose its elasticity and be unable to revert to the tightness and condition it was in before.
Would abdominoplasty be right for me?
Doctors require you to be healthy; a non-smoker and reasonably close to your ideal weight. The limit over goal is about 25 pounds.
You will probably be asked to postpone the surgery if your weight is likely to change dramatically in the future or if your plan to have more children. Pregnancy or a big weight loss could affect the results of the tummy tuck by causing more loose skin to develop. Being a smoker does not necessarily bar you for good, the doctor will advise you to give up smoking about two months before the surgery.
How much does a tummy tuck cost?
Some procedures are less complex and therefore more affordable, so tummy tuck prices will vary. Ask your doctor about pricing options and about financing and specials. It’s not worth compromising on the procedure to save a bit of money. Tummy tucks are a major decision involving other investments besides money, such as your commitment, the recovery time and process and, above all, your feelings about your body.