Busy schedule, piled-up projects, and low energy levels are the worst enemy of an office worker. That’s why one should consume the right foods to eat to keep energy levels at its peak. However, it can be time-consuming to prepare such “healthy” meals. That’s why we listed some of the best and easy to make snacks that you can munch to your heart’s content while being bombarded with myriads of paper works. Let’s get it on!
Roasted nuts and dried fruits
- This dynamic duo is the ultimate nutrient source that you can munch whenever you want. This healthy mixed snacked is packed with nutrients such as healthy fats, protein, fiber, and balanced carbs. You can buy roasted nuts and dried fruits from convenience stores near you. Have no time to grab a meal? Don’t worry! Roasted nuts and dried fruit mix should be enough to get the nutrients you need for the day.
- If you want some protein overload, then roasted chickpeas are the one for you. It’s delicious, portable, and most of all, budget-friendly that won’t put a dent in your wallet. Aside from protein, roasted chickpeas also contain fiber and plenty of essential vitamins that are good for your body. In fact, 125grams of roasted chickpeas is equal to 10grams of protein,5 grams of fiber and vitamins. Additionally, roasted chickpeas also keep you satiated and full for longer that wards off unnecessary cravings.
- From all kinds of chocolate available around, dark chocolate sits on the throne to be the healthiest among all of them. Dark chocolate contains lesser sugar and milk and is made mostly of a high percentage of cacao. The benefits of dark chocolate include reducing stress and improves cognitive function that helps you be productive inside the office.
Whole grain biscuits
- Traditional biscuits are packed with an ample amount of sugar and other preservatives which can be unhealthy. And then enters whole-grain biscuits, that doesn’t contain any kind of unhealthy ingredients which is a pretty good alternative if nuts or dark chocolate is nowhere to be found for a while. Whole grain biscuits are packed with fiber and other essential nutrients that keep your energy levels at its peak and wards away hunger in just a single bite.
Toasts with avocado filling
- It may sound weird for some, but this unusual snack combination is definitely a must-try. Be sure to use whole grain bread for toasting. Pair this with an avocado filling and you have yourself a healthy snack overload. Avocados are rich in healthy fats and fiber, which is essential for your energy boost up. Additionally, whole wheat bread also contains fiber just as avocadoes. Combining the two helps regulate your digestive system for better digestion.
- Popcorn is another worthy addition to your desk because of its fiber-rich nature and low amount of calories. A single cup of popcorn gives you 12 grams of carbs and 2 grams of fiber along with various vitamins and nutrients to keep energy spikes at bay. It’s also easy to prepare as well. All you need is to put a quarter of popcorn kernels into a bowl and place it inside the microwave for a few minutes and let it pop. You can also add some seasoning as well to make it flavorful if plain popcorn is not your thing.
- Lastly, we have the beef jerky, a protein-rich snack that gives you enough energy to conquer the day. A single ounce of beef jerky contains 8 grams of protein. Aside from that, it is also an iron powerhouse as well as other essential vitamins and nutrients that keep you up and going for the rest of the day. Alternatively, you can opt for different types of protein-rich meat such as salmon jerky, turkey, or chicken.